Nearly 100% satisfied customers!
Very fast national & international postage!responseOur itemsOur offerCables & Connectors
Greaseweazle allows versatile floppy drive control over USB. By extracting the raw flux transitions from a drive, any disk format can be captured and analyzed - PC, Amiga, Amstrad, PDP-11, musical instruments, industrial equipment, and more. The Greaseweazle also supports writing to floppy disks, from a range of image file formats including those commonly used for online preservation (ADF, IPF, DSK, IMG, HFE, ...).
Greaseweazle V4 is the latest version, updated for mass production and with the following features:
- Reads and writes 3", 3.5", 5.25", 8" disks (with suitable drive and cable)
- Buffered outputs, for communicating with older 5.25" and 8" disk drives
- Integrated power connector for directly powering most 3.5" disk drives
- Write-enable jumper can be removed for safer preservation of precious vintage disks
- Supports floppy-modded 5.25" drives
- Supports Disk-Change detection as used by Rob Smith's integration into the WinUAE Amiga emulator
- 3 user-definable outputs (eg. 8" interface REDWC signal)
- 100% factory tested, and tested again before shipping
More information and documentation on listing is for the Greaseweazle V4 device only. You will additionally require:
- A disk drive (for example a PC 3.5" or 5.25" drive)
- A floppy ribbon cable (typically you want a standard PC cable with 'twist' on pins 10-16, to communicate with a PC floppy drive)
- Floppy drive power cable, or power supply
- Recommended host OS: Windows 8, Windows 10, Ubuntu Linux.
Windows 7 and most versions of macOS and Linux should also work (but less tested).
Popular TutorialsAlarms and Indicator Circuit diagrams