Electronics Forum

Electronics Circuits & Projects discussion forum. Get help with electronics.

Reverse polarity switch with delay for DC motor

Discuss about electronic circuits here. Request help for circuits that you couldn't find anywhere else, how a circuit works etc. Discuss anything related to electronic circuits.

Moderator: pebe

Re: Reverse polarity switch with delay for DC motor

Postby JangKang » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:17 am

its seem ur's project is related to control reverse and forward motor...
2 relay to control 1 motor is correct... and the input to trigger the relay u should connect it to the timer.
but first, e need understand the relay concept....how its been use, how its functioning....what type of relay that suitable...
its easy, because its just use the relay motor driver only....u can create it own, using livewire software (to do the simulation first of ur's circuit)....
JangKang

Postby Pichammer » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:38 am

Hi JangKang thank you for you reply. What you have said in your post is exactly the concept of my project.

I am using a converted timer that is now 12volts. This can be seen here. http://www.reuk.co.uk/Convert-Digital-M ... oltage.htm I have the made up the circuit diagram for this and it seem to work fine.

The replay circuit is also from details from the same site.
http://www.reuk.co.uk/Automatic-Hen-Hou ... Opener.htm

Here is both circuit on the same PCB

I am using a PICAXE-08M2 CHIP

I really appreciate your help. Thank you
Last edited by Pichammer on Sat May 05, 2012 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pichammer

Postby Pichammer » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:18 pm

Right I have draw the circuit diagram. This is the first one I have draw so beware! http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq18 ... photo6.jpg

One item I have not labels is the Diodes these are 1N4148 epitaxial diodes.

Hope this helps
Pichammer

Postby JangKang » Tue May 01, 2012 1:35 am

its ok, ur circuit...your motor...? DC or AC and how much that ur motor power need..? the ampere...? the voltage...? the torque ..? because to start the motor, the motor will require lot of power at the first starting, so its can create the torque to pull. so motor can start.
JangKang

Postby JangKang » Tue May 01, 2012 1:45 am

Owh, so sorry....now i understand, the timer of ur circuit need to related with the length of the motor movement until its reach the close site of the door rite..? i think maybe its make u become complicated, because u need to know the motor speed, how long the time motor will take to close and to open the door..? then u can set the timer....here u need to know the speed of your motor first.

can u show me urs schematic of ur motor driver and ur project, because still no clear about ur project. what type door that u wanna control this..?
for ur safety, u can personally email me, if u want... i just give u my email andric89FO0@yahoo.com

all the best 2 u
JangKang

Postby Colin3107 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:10 pm

Would it be possible to use magnetic reed switches as the limit switches? Thanks in advance, and what a really interesting site. I have been looking for a good circuit diagram for a hen house door for ages!
Colin3107

Postby birdie » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:00 am

i've been wanting to build a auto chicken door opener for a while, then found this circuit, i built it last week and it works a treat, nice one, Is there any way i can put an over ride switch in the circuit so i can open an shut the door manually,
cheers.... :)
birdie

Postby apvkt » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:59 am

Hi,
Thanks for the information.....With this i get an idea about the reverse polarity switch.............We are expecting some more information.........
apvkt

Postby JoshMac » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:24 pm

A circuit that describes basically what you want exsists in a project called "the worlds most useless machine" they are lots of fun, there are instructions everywhere on how to make them, and plenty of videos on youtube showing you what they do.

Josh
JoshMac

Postby jakstand00 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:26 pm

What type of relays were used to make this. I want to build a simliar one as well for a chicken coop.
Thanks!
jakstand00

Postby polymerase » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:40 pm

I am making an automatic chicken coop door also.
wondering if there is a way to have the current flow not
be stopped by a limiting switch but by a timer. The timer would be set for how long the door takes
to open. Limiting switches seem expensive - nine dollars a piece.
Thanks everyone.
polymerase

Postby pebe » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:00 am

The problem with using a timer is that it needs to be perfectly synchronised with the door position. Too short, and the door will not be completely open or closed: too long and the motor will stall at the end and its current will considerably increase.

Limit switches are the only safe method to ensure correct operation. These micro-switches are very cheap and only need a tab or pin fitted to the door to operate them.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from= ... 5573.m1684
pebe

Previous

Return to Electronic Circuits Help