Electronics Forum

Electronics Circuits & Projects discussion forum. Get help with electronics.

Creating a passive RFID tag

Discuss all your electronics engineering related technical problems and other questions pertaining to design problems in any field of Electrical/Electronics/Computer Hardware

Moderator: pebe

Creating a passive RFID tag

Postby DeusOtiosus95 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:06 pm

Hi everyone, I'm quite new to electronics and engineering but I have gained the interest in RFID tags specifically passive RFID tags. I'm just curious on how to create one, I have found a basic schematic for one but it does not have a lot of details on requirements and I'm not all too sure if its correct or not haha. I'm just asking you guys to help me out about the equipment required such as full wave bridge rectifiers and other areas like what size of a board would I require to create a RFID tag (preferably small as possible haha). I just want it to be accurate as humanly possible before I spend money on anything that is obsolete or unessential to the creation. p.s apologies if I confuse any of you with my lack of knowledge on this topic but I will take any advice or recommendations positively and I highly appreciate any information I receive thanks! :D
DeusOtiosus95

Re: Creating a passive RFID tag

Postby KMoffett » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:00 pm

So for starters, do you have a link to the schematic you referred to?

Ken
KMoffett

Re: Creating a passive RFID tag

Postby bwetman » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:07 am

Hello,
The passive RFID is basically made up of three parts: Antenna which is responsible for capturing energy and transferring the tag ID, Semiconductor chip appended to the antenna and an encapsulation which maintains the tag integrity. The encapsulation protects the antenna and chip from harsh environmental conditions. These encapsulations can be made up of small glass vial or from a laminar plastic substrate with adhesive on one side so that it can be easily attached to the goods.There can be one more method to transmit the signal from the tag that is when passive RFID tag stores the energy of the signal from the reader in an onboard capacitor. The tag uses the energy of the capacitor when it is fully charged.
PCB Repair Tools - Rework Stencils, & SMT Stencils on Soldertools
bwetman

Return to EE quiz questions & problems