Electronics Forum

Electronics Circuits & Projects discussion forum. Get help with electronics.

Need Help with a type of switch

New to electronics? Don't know where to start. No problem! Post your questions here.

Moderator: pebe

Need Help with a type of switch

Postby Nate288 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:06 am

Hello
I'm fairly new to making circuits but I do have a small amount of knowledge as well as concept and could use some help with a project. I want to make a simple circuit a row of LED's with 2 push button switches (Switch 1=A? Switch 2=B IE a car door jamb switch) when A is pressed closing the circuit powers on the LED's and stays on till B is deactivating the circuit and resets A. basically I want to make something like how when a car door is open it turns on the courtesy lights but I want a push button switch to turn on the lights and when the door is closed it resets the push button so when the door is opened again the light only turns back on when the push button switch is pressed again. What kind of push button would switch A be? or do they even make such a thing? any help or info would be greatly greatly appreciated thanks and sorry if this seems a little unclear
Nate288

Re: Need Help with a type of switch

Postby PradeepKumar » Wed May 11, 2016 5:45 am

You can do this with one switch normally open and one switch normally closed along with a double pole relay. It works on well.
PradeepKumar

Return to Electronics newbies