Electronics Forum

Electronics Circuits & Projects discussion forum. Get help with electronics.

Help to find right diode

New to electronics? Don't know where to start. No problem! Post your questions here.

Moderator: pebe

Help to find right diode

Postby ramziukas » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:18 pm

Hello i want to connect two power supplies to a car stereo like in the picture, but i dont know what kind of diodes should i use?
http://imgur.com/gMZ2ZKX
ramziukas

Re: Help to find right diode

Postby Relayer » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:44 pm

Hello i want to connect two power supplies to a car stereo like in the picture, but i dont know what kind of diodes should i use?

Hello ramziukas,
No diodes are necessary in that configuration, unless you're worried about accidentally reversing the polarity when connecting the power of each.
I too am working on a in home car stereo project using a PC power supply and a plug pack for memory backup. Diodes are definitely not needed.
Regards,
Relayer

P.S. The picture you've provided isn't quite correct. The memory backup shouldn't be connected to the PC's PSU (Only the ground wire).
If you were to have your stereo switched off prior to, with the volume up high and you neglect to turn on the PC PSU first when you want to listen to your unit, you could overload the plug pack memory backup.
Please see uploaded image below:
http://i.imgur.com/N3tNzLa.jpg
Relayer

Postby PradeepKumar » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:17 am

IF your load (15 A fuse) need current more than your supply (the small 1 A) it will damage or shutdown if working alone and if working in parallel with the other one you should connect a diode to each one suitable to its current or one dual diode such as 30CPU04.
PradeepKumar

Postby Relayer » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:07 am

PradeepKumar wrote:IF your load (15 A fuse) need current more than your supply (the small 1 A) it will damage or shutdown if working alone and if working in parallel with the other one you should connect a diode to each one suitable to its current or one dual diode such as 30CPU04.

Are you brain dead or just absolutely stupid?
WHY does he need a diode in either line?
If you'd have bothered reading my previous post, I DID explain that diodes are unnecessary.
Nearly ALL of your posts in the entire Forum have not helped what-so-ever. You rarely, if ever, explain your reasoning when you suggest something. In quite a few posts your information is totally false or wildly inaccurate. Its if you're just guessing.
Are you just totally bored that you need to resurrect posts that the original poster will NEVER reply to?
Relayer
Relayer

Postby PradeepKumar » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:21 am

Thanks for sharing.
PradeepKumar

Return to Electronics newbies