Electronics Forum

Electronics Circuits & Projects discussion forum. Get help with electronics.

Damaged Electronic components

Enquire about part equivalents and difficult-to-find parts here. This is the forum to discuss everything about electronic parts and components.

Moderator: pebe

Damaged Electronic components

Postby tennythomas » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:06 am

Hi,

Please give me a list of electronic components which can be damaged in the storeroom (before soldering).

Thanks in advance.
tennythomas

Postby clark » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:21 am

Know the function of electronic components and can understand electrical principle drawing,I have DIY a digital scales electronic components,et.some
switching powper supply.
clark

Postby Mike Paul » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:44 am

Hello There

Thank you for sharing your information. It is really no different. When they become wet, there is the battery connected, and the current provided by the battery, cannot flow through the electronic device correctly when all the internal components are shorted out by the water. The components are basically being electrocuted when you leave the battery connected, Damage the electronic parts,

Thanks and Regards
Mike Paul
Mike Paul

damaged components

Postby aggarwalyogesh786 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:18 pm

Well, if it's down to poor storage conditions and bad handling before you get them, I'd suggest it was limited to premade cicruitboards, electrolytic caps and ICs of all kinds (even the simplest types).

Liquid spills of all kinds can physically damage circuit boards, caps stored or transported in hot environments can be part degraded, and of course, any IC can be damaged by a moronic person handling it. Imagine a pack of caps shipped from the far east in a top level container on the ship, then hauled across the US in that sealed metal box, it'd be cooking in there, lower quality electrolytic caps may well suffer in that heat despite not being under load.

Other parts could be damaged if there are stress fractures in component leads, but aside from that, any other damage would be visible before installation.
Y@ge$h
aggarwalyogesh786

Postby newtonph » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:59 am

Even components already soldered in a machine is susceptible to moist and corrosion, so as components stored. Maintaining temperature and humidity of the storage room is important.
newtonph

Re: Damaged Electronic components

Postby Drew1 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:30 pm

Any electronic component is suseptible to environmental stresses. Besides what was mentioned above, Electrolyctic capacitors can dry-out over time (years). I would be very cautious of any Electrolyctic cap more than 3 or 4 years old.
Drew1

Return to Electronic Parts forum