Electronics Forum

Electronics Circuits & Projects discussion forum. Get help with electronics.

led lights

Discuss about electronic circuits here. Request help for circuits that you couldn't find anywhere else, how a circuit works etc. Discuss anything related to electronic circuits.

Moderator: pebe

led lights

Postby countrywill » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:35 pm

Hi I need a little help with a project I want to build. This will be a model of a coliseum clock made with matchsticks, at the front of this between the edge of the roof and the clock itself there will be a ceiling (sort of like a porch) what I would like to do is incorporate two 0805 smd leds in order to illuminate the front of the clock (sort of like flood lights on a building)
Could you please advise whether or not these leds will give of any heat that could be a danger? as the leds would be fitted in between wooden matches and flush in the ceiling
Could you also please advise how these should be wired? I was thinking of leds in series with 1k resistor and two AA batteries with slide switch
Thanks for any help with this project
Alf
countrywill

Re: led lights

Postby JMACgyver » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:08 pm

I would actually recommend wiring them in parallel, running a 1K to each negative of the LEDs, but testing first to see if that gives you enough illumination. You may be able to drop those down to 680, 560 or even 100 ohms depending in the forward voltage rating of the LEDs.
Unless you are using matchsticks with the igniting head still on them, I would not worry about the heat given off by the LEDs.

Would love to see some pictures when you get it completed!

Regards,
ElectroDFW
"In Theory, the is no difference between practice and theory. In Practice, there is."
JMACgyver

Return to Electronic Circuits Help