Electronics Forum

Electronics Circuits & Projects discussion forum. Get help with electronics.

Steady hands buzzer game

Discuss about electronic circuits here. Request help for circuits that you couldn't find anywhere else, how a circuit works etc. Discuss anything related to electronic circuits.

Moderator: pebe

Steady hands buzzer game

Postby RussMan » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:01 pm

Hello everyone,
I am a newbie to this forum and the last time I dealt with circuits could have been over 10 years ago.
I am looking to create a custom circuit to modify a game called Steady Hands, you try to trace a wire with a handle looped around it, if you touch the wire with the handle it makes a buzzing sound. I am sure you are all familiar with it at one point. However, the purpose of the circuit is to count how many times a person touches the wire and based upon that send a signal to one of three digital locks. These locks are installed on Jars and the jars contain gifts. I truly appreciate any help in setting this up.
RussMan

Re: Steady hands buzzer game

Postby KMoffett » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:23 pm

What is your circuit for the buzzer? I assume battery(+) > buzzer > loop > wire > battery(-), like the old "Operation" game. How do the digital locks work? Do multiple, consecutive brief touches equal one touch or many touches?

Ken
KMoffett

Postby JMACgyver » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:51 pm

Very good points to question, Ken. And a very interesting premise from the OP.

Here's what I can surmise from his question:

- The three locks ( I am assuming solenoid-based latches) each hold progressively better (or worse) prizes.
- How well the person navigates the game determines which prize he gets (and which lock gets opened).
- He needs a counter circuit to track the total touches and then trigger a lock based off that total.
i.e. 5+ touches, no prize; 3-4 touches, worst prize; 2 touches, mid-level prize, and 0-1 touch, best prize.
- He needs a timer 'forfeit' circuit to keep people from cheating by using one long touch to 'win' the game.
- He also needs a way to tell when the player has completed the game (and gotten to the end of the loop).

I hope I helped clarify that correctly, as it sounds intriguing, but it's beyond my ken to design. (no pun intended)

Regards,
ElectroDFW
"In Theory, the is no difference between practice and theory. In Practice, there is."
JMACgyver

Postby KMoffett » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:09 pm

Since the OP hasn't replied in almost 4 months, I would assume that they have solved their own problem, or dumped the project.

It always amazes me how many people will post a problem, and then never respond to a question or an answer.

Oh well.

Ken
KMoffett

Postby pebe » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:10 am

Hi Ken,

I agree totally with that. I replied to one member but did not get a reply.
Looking up his profile I found he registered at 4.58am and submitted his question on 5.14am on the same day. He has not visited the site since.

I am amazed that time-wasters behave in such a manner - frequently asking the same question on several sites and never following up to look for answers.

I think in future i will not answer any question until the member shows goodwill and returns to see if anyone has replied.
pebe

Return to Electronic Circuits Help