On eBay Now...
Stainless Steel Nylon Insert Hex Lock Nuts Nylock All Sizes and Quantities For Sale
Stainless Steel Nylon Insert Hex Lock Nuts Nylock All Sizes and Quantities:
A nyloc nut, also referred to as a nylon-insert lock nut, polymer-insert lock nut, or elastic stop nut, is a kind of locknut. It is a nut with a nylon collar insert that resists turning. The plastic insert is placed at the end of the nut, and its inner diameter (ID) is slightly smaller than the major diameter of the screw. The insert deforms elastically over the threads of the screw, but threads are not cut into the nylon. The nylon insert locks the nut by friction against the screw under the applied radial compressive force. Nyloc nuts retain their locking ability up to 250 °F (121 °C). Authorities disagree on whether nyloc nuts should be reused. For example, Carroll Smith (Carroll Smith's Nuts, Bolts, Fasteners, and Plumbing Handbook) notes that the nylon insert is not damaged by installation and therefore they can be reused many times ,and a Federal Aviation Administration Advisory Circular allows nuts to be reused if the prevailing torque is within specification. However, an Air Force Technical Order requires replacement of self-locking nuts in critical areas.
Use Extra Care With Lock Nuts
Nylon insert lock nuts generate a large amount of friction and heat during installation. If you are experiencing galling, slow down installation speed, wait for heat to disperse, and apply a lubricant.
Detailed Product Information:
- Select Desired Size in Drop Down Menu For Full 2D Dimensional Drawing Image
General Information Size Drive Size Coarse Or Fine 2-56 1/4" Socket Coarse 4-40 1/4" Socket Coarse 6-32 5/16" Socket Coarse 6-40 5/16" Socket Fine 8-32 11/32" Socket Coarse 8-36 11/32" Socket Fine 10-24 3/8" Socket Coarse 10-32 3/8" Socket Fine 12-24 7/16" Socket Coarse 12-28 7/16" Socket Fine 1/4-20 7/16" Socket Coarse 1/4-28 7/16" Socket Fine 5/16-18 1/2" Socket Coarse 5/16-24 1/2" Socket Fine 3/8-16 9/16" Socket Coarse 3/8-24 9/16" Socket Fine 7/16-14 11/16" Socket Coarse 7/16-20 11/16" Socket Fine 1/2-13 3/4" Socket Coarse 1/2-20 3/4" Socket Fine 9/16-12 7/8" Socket Coarse 9/16-18 7/8" Socket Fine 5/8-11 15/16" Socket Coarse 5/8-18 15/16" Socket Fine 3/4-10 1-1/8" Socket Coarse 3/4-16 1-1/8" Socket Fine 7/8-9 1-5/16" Socket Coarse 1-8 1-1/2" Socket Coarse 1-14 1-1/2" Socket Fine Key Notes:
- Nylon lock nuts feature a nylon insert this is located in a tapered section at the back of the nut when you install the nylon lock nut onto a bolt or threaded stud the nylon insert wraps around the threads and locks the nut in place this gives a nylon lock nut a distinct advantage over a lock washer when the bolt or threaded stud is subject to vibration the inserts inner diameter is bit smaller than the entire diameter of the screw thereby locking the fastener in place by gripping the nylon firmly around the bolt when fastened
- The nylon insert featured in these hex nuts provide a locking mechanism that resists vibrations and torque that could cause loosening and a failure of the fastened parts the nylon insert conforms to the threads of the screw on which it is placed. This causes the nylon lock nut to grip better against the threads and reduces the chances of the nut loosening due to the vibration of the screw
- Also referred to as nyloc and elastic stop nuts once fastened the nylon insert deform elastically over the threads of the bolt or screw creating pressure and friction to keep the nut in place because nylon insert lock nuts generate a large amount of friction and heat during installation If you are experiencing galling slow down installation speed wait for heat to disperse and apply a lubricant
- Nylon insert lock nuts are generally a one time use fastener since the thread of the bolt or screw deforms the nylon reuse will not have the same hold as the initial installation although these stainless steel lock nuts can be reused in several applications it is still recommended to go for new nuts especially in case of critical fastener connections
- Fastenere nylon lock nuts are made from high quality stainless steel grade 18-8 which offers a superior level of chemical and corrosion resistance that will out perform and out last all zinc plated fasteners for years with out the need to perform costly and time consuming maintenance that will not succumb to scaling or rust while also providing good shock and impact resistance in extreme temperatures
All orders placed before 3:30 pm EST Will Ship Same Day
- Tracking is provided on ALL Orders
- Priority Mail Shipping service is offered at a discount of only $3.95
- UPS Ground
- UPS Next Day Air is available, Please inquire for pricing
ALL returns are accepted if returned within 60 days.
- Money Back or exchange guaranteed.
- NO Restocking Fees.
For YOU, we constantly strive to find ways to improve our performance.
120 E Clips C CIRCLIPS Stainless Steel Kit Retaining Ring Assorted 1.5mm to 10mm
50 Pack Cut Off Wheels 4-1/2" Metal & Stainless Steel Angle Grinder Cutting Disc
205 pcs Stainless Steel Rivet Nut Kit Rivnut Nutsert Assort 6 Metric Type