On eBay Now...
Epoxy Resin 1 Gallon Crystal Clear Hardener Kit For Countertops Bar and Table For Sale
This item has been shown 321 times.
Epoxy Resin 1 Gallon Crystal Clear Hardener Kit For Countertops Bar and Table:
Epoxy Resin 1 Gallon Crystal Clear Hardener Kit For Countertops Bar & Table Tops
TableTop Epoxy Gallon Kit Creates 12 Square Feet of Crystal Clear Perfection.
Pros & DIYers alike choose TableTop Epoxy for professional results
TotalBoat TableTop Epoxy is a 2-part, ultra-clear, 100% waterproof, liquid epoxy resin coating for bar tops, counter tops, table tops, furniture, chart tables, galley tables, coasters, DIY arts & crafts projects, and much more. This easy-to-use, pourable resin has a simple 1:1 mix ratio by volume to ensure great results, even if it's your first time working with it. After pouring the mixed resin onto the prepared surface, small bubbles may appear, but they can be popped easily by waving a heat gun back and forth just above the surface. This self-leveling epoxy spreads out evenly as it cures. After it dries clear & glossy, it looks so wet, people are afraid to touch it!
TableTop is also thicker, clearer & easier to use than varnish—and a lot more heat resistant. It creates the same thick, glossy, super-clear coating you see on restaurant bar and table tops. Plus its high viscosity and high-build properties mean a single coat is equal in appearance to several coats of expensive varnish.
Customize your top by embedding objects beneath the surface.
Clear coat a flat surface as is, or be creative & embed interesting objects beneath the crystal clear coating. Preserve & display photos, bottle caps, magnets, charms, & other cherished trinkets on your custom top. For a striking 3-D effect that makes objects seem to float beneath the surface, pour multiple 1/8" flood coats (waiting 4-8 hours between each coat), and embed objects in each layer.
Is cured TableTop food safe?
TotalBoat TableTop contains no harmful VOCs, which means a safer work environment when mixing, pouring, stirring & spreading, but be sure to wear proper gloves and have adequate ventilation.
TableTop is also BPA-free, so once cured, it's more suitable for contact with food. That said, we don't recommend using epoxy for a cutting board.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q:What’s the coverage for TotalBoat TableTop Epoxy?
A:At 1/8” thickness: 6 sq. ft. per mixed 2-Quart Kit; 12 sq. ft. per mixed Gallon Kit; 24 sq. ft. per mixed 2-Gallon Kit. At ¼” thickness: 3 sq. ft. per mixed 2-Quart Kit; 6 sq. ft. per mixed Gallon Kit; 12 sq. ft. per mixed 2-Gallon Kit.
Q:Why do I need multiple coats? Won’t one thick coat do the trick?
A:Multiple thin layers give you a sealer/leveling coat and as much build as you would like without the high risk for errors, bubbles, or a wavy surface.
Q:Can I use it on my bar top outside?
A:You can, but it will be exposed to UV rays that can make it look amber or delaminate over time, depending on substrate. You’ll want to overcoat it with a quality UV-filtering varnish.
Prepare the surface
- To contain the liquid epoxy, apply plastic packing tape (as it can be removed easily) around the edges of the table.
- Delicate objects such as photos or maps can be damaged by epoxy. Coat them first with an alternate clear coat (polyurethane or acrylic sealers are recommended) before applying TableTop Epoxy.
- Combine the epoxy resin (Part A) and hardener (Part B) at the specified, simple mix ratio of 1 to 1 by volume, and mix for 3-5 minutes, then transfer to another mixing cup and keep stirring until the mixture is blended thoroughly.
- To begin, use a brush to apply a very thin sealer coat of TableTop Epoxy to the table top or bar top to seal porous surfaces. This includes applying a thin sealer coat to any objects that will be embedded. If you skip this step, the porous surface or embedded objects will release large air bubbles that can ruin your project.
Pour the mixed epoxy
- Once the sealer coat has set, apply a flood coat.
- Pour less epoxy into any narrower areas, and more epoxy into wider, more open areas.
- Each flood coat should be no more than 1/8” thick.
- You can pour multiple flood coats (waiting at least 4 hours in between each coat) until you achieve the desired thickness. Tip: Multiple pours are recommended. Do not attempt one thick flood coat because air bubbles will get trapped beneath the surface, and the excess heat generated by a thick pour will distort the surface itself. The epoxy will not self level or cure properly.
- Flood coats will flow and self level, but tools such as brushes, plastic spreaders, and squeegees may be used to help spread the mixed epoxy resin evenly across the surface.
- If you like, you can embed objects such as shells or bottle caps at this stage. You can also embed objects in subsequent flood coats in order to make the objects appear to float beneath the surface.
Remove surface bubbles
- A few minutes after the flood coat is applied, bubbles will rise to the surface. To pop the bubbles, use a heat gun (or butane torch) on low power, hold it six inches above the surface of the epoxy resin, and slowly sweep the heat gun back and forth over the surface, until the bubbles disappear. It's very important to wave the heat gun around and keep it moving, so you don't burn or singe embedded objects.
- TotalBoat TableTop Epoxy can usually be recoated in 4-8 hours without any additional prep work or sanding.
- If the previous layer is allowed to dry completely, the surface should be scuff-sanded with 220-320 grit sandpaper, for optimal adhesion between coats. After sanding, wipe the surface with a solvent such as acetone or denatured alcohol to remove dust and other contaminants. Allow the surface to dry before applying the next 1/8" flood coat.
- For any areas that have blemishes, sand with 80-grit sandpaper, before applying a final coat.
TotalBoat Epoxy Resin Crystal Clear - 1 Gallon Epoxy Resin & Hardener Kit for Bar Tops, Table Tops & Countertops | Pro Epoxy Coating for Wood, Concrete, Art
- CRYSTAL CLEAR, HIGH GLOSS FINISH: Get stunningly clear, beautiful results on bar tops, table tops, and countertops. Ideal for kitchen and bath remodeling projects.
- TWO PART POURABLE EPOXY IS EASY TO USE: Simple 1: 1 mix ratio, easy to tint with mica powder, alcohol ink, and liquid pigments. Self-leveling resin system is easy to pour.
- DURABLE EPOXY RESISTS SCRATCHES, STAINS, AND YELLOWING: Cures smooth as glass at room temperature, with no blushing. 100% waterproof upon full cure.
- WIDE RANGE OF PROJECTS: Get pro results on wood, metal, stone, ceramic and concrete tables, bar tops, countertops as well as resin art, embedding objects, decoupage, casting & other crafting projects.
- PREMIUM QUALITY EPOXY SYSTEM FOR DIY AND PROFESSIONAL MAKERS. BPA-free formula contains no VOCs. Choose this smart alternative to products containing harsh industrial chemicals. 1 Gallon kit includes 1/2 gallon resin & 1/2 gallon hardener. 100% Made in the USA.
- Brand Name: TotalBoat
- Color: Clear
- Compatible Material: Metal
- Included Components: resin and hardener
- Item Volume: 1 Gallons
- Item Weight: 9.30 pounds
- Material: Epoxy
- Number of Items: 1
- Size: Gallon
- Compatible material: Metal
- Container type: Can
- Product Dimensions:7 x 5 x 10 inches; 9.3 Pounds
- We do not ship to PO/APO boxes, HI or AK or USProtectorates
- Shipping address must be PayPal verified
- Most all items usually ship within 72 Hours of payment verification(Excludes weekends & holidays)
- For large heavy items shipping via freight, We require a valid phone number for a scheduled delivery. All freight deliveries require a signature upon delivery.
- If this is an electrical item shipping outside the US, know that most all items are 110v-120v and will require a step converter to make it compatible with your nation's 220V-240V standard. Even then, we cannot guarantee it will work properly with the transformer you choose.
- All items qualify for returns within 30 days of receipt.
- All returns must be returned in new condition with all original packaging such as boxes and tags.
- Buyer is responsible for return shipping.
- Please send a message direct to us through messaging if an item is damaged, broken, or incorrect so we can promptly track and resolve any issues.
Terms of sale and response
- response is extremely important to us. If you are happy/satisfied with your transaction, please take a moment to leave Positive response.
- If there are any issues, Please contact us before leaving a neutral or negative rating. Many issues are easily resolved by contacting the us before contacting .
3m 09029 Marine Vinyl Cleaner And Restorer, 16.9 Fl Oz
Schluter Kerdi Fix White Sealant 9.8 Oz Brand New
Table Top Epoxy Resin 2 Gallon Kit. For Super Gloss Coating
Dap 18120 Alex Plus Brown (18112) Raw Building Material 12 Pack (18120)