Electronics Forum

Electronics Circuits & Projects discussion forum. Get help with electronics.

Need circuit for important project!!

Discuss about electronic circuits here. Request help for circuits that you couldn't find anywhere else, how a circuit works etc. Discuss anything related to electronic circuits.

Moderator: pebe

Need circuit for important project!!

Postby elalto » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:49 am

Hello,
I really need a circuit (maybe two) to get my latest project off the ground. What I need to do is the following; I have a motor (6vdc) that I would like to have move back and forth for around 120 seconds every 10 to 15 minutes. I am thinking of a limit switch at each end to “trigger” the change of direction, I have an “H” bridge controller (Toshiba TB6612FNG) but am not sure how to implement it in a circuit.

Operation would be as follows; On power up the first timer would start and trigger the second timer that, in turn, would start the motor in the CW direction, when the motor reaches the limit switch the voltage would reverse moving the motor in a CCW direction until it reaches the other limit switch, the motor would continue its CW-CCW movements for as long as the second timer is set to ie 120 seconds then stop. The first timer, set to 15 minutes would trigger the second timer every 15 minutes until power to the unit is turned off.

Ideally the circuit(s) should be robust enough to operate for many days in cold and warm weather with little or no need for maintenance.
Any and all help you all can give me will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Marcos (Elalto)
elalto

Return to Electronic Circuits Help