Electronics Forum

Electronics Circuits & Projects discussion forum. Get help with electronics.

Design for soccer solenoid kicker circuitry!!!!

New to electronics? Don't know where to start. No problem! Post your questions here.

Moderator: pebe

Design for soccer solenoid kicker circuitry!!!!

Postby sam21_1995 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:13 pm

hey guys, a bit of an electronics newbie here, i understand the basic stuff like what current, voltage resistance is.....
just this is the first time ive needed to design a circuit
pretty much i plan on using a linear solenoid (havent decided on one yet tho) between like 24 to 48 volts, with a relativly high current (for the voltage) so that it can kick a 7cm 150gm ball at least 1m with a fair amount of power, the robo soccer competition in question is Robocup junior soccer.

I need help with the whole concept of designing the dc-dc step up circuitry and the capacitors to use, and anything else really, as i have read a bit, but dont know too much about the whole workings of it, help, suggestions, and anything really, much appreciated, thanks guys!
(also weight is a big factor, we r trying to stick to a 1KG weight limit, altough we cud enter into the 2.5KG limit if we really needed to)
sam21_1995

Re: Design for soccer solenoid kicker circuitry!!!!

Postby Thomas W » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:47 am

Do you have a solenoid already, that you want to use? (Brand, model, voltage, current? (pictures?))
What input voltage do you have, and where is the signal to kick coming from?
I'm assuming that you want to run on batteries?
Thomas W

Return to Electronics newbies