Electronics Forum

Electronics Circuits & Projects discussion forum. Get help with electronics.

resonant circuits?

New to electronics? Don't know where to start. No problem! Post your questions here.

Moderator: pebe

resonant circuits?

Postby pfelectronicstech » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:22 pm

The inductive reactance of this circuit is 200 Ω, the capacitive reactance of
C1 is 100 Ω, the capacitive reactance of C2 is 100 Ω, and the value of resistor R1 is 500 Ω. What is the total
impedance of the circuit?

My choices are 100 ohms, 200 ohms, 500 ohms, 900 ohms. I think its 500 ohms, am I correct? I'm just a bot confused.

I am an Electronics technician student and I'm really having fun with it and learning the craft. I am doing very well with all the tests except for what my school calls "Practical exercise exams". They come at the end of every module which why i ask the above questions. Thank you for any help at all. By the way this is for resonant circuits.

Sincerely,

PF
pfelectronicstech

Re: resonant circuits?

Postby pebe » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:44 am

Could you provide a circuit, please?
pebe

Postby pfelectronicstech » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:06 pm

How can I copy the circuit and post it here? Is there a way to do that? Thanks for the help.
pfelectronicstech

Postby pebe » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:28 pm

Ideally, you need to have saved your drawing in .GIF format because the file is smaller and much more distinct that .JPG format. You can save it to your hard disk or to a CD or USB stick. I make my circuits using 'Paint', the utility that came with Windows XP.

Click on 'Reply' or 'New topic' and enter your text in the panel. Then click on 'Upload Attachment' at the bottom. You will be asked for the filename. Use 'Browse' to find your drawing, then click 'Add the file'.

Your drawing will then be added to your posting.
pebe

Return to Electronics newbies