Electronics Forum

Electronics Circuits & Projects discussion forum. Get help with electronics.

PCB identification

New to electronics? Don't know where to start. No problem! Post your questions here.

Moderator: pebe

PCB identification

Postby sherbie » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:33 pm

Hi all, this is a bit of a long shot, but does anyone have any idea what this PCB might be for?

I have a few of them, packed in padded boxes and sealed. The NIN suggests it's a circuit board for some sort of military equipment, but other than that I don't have a clue. Not sure if it will have some sort of value to the right person, or if it all just wants sending for scrap.

I presume the shiny metal surface is just some cheap tin/solder covering? Really appreciate any help, and if you don't know what it is but know someone who might be able to tell me, I'd be really grateful if you could give me a shove in the right direction!
Attachments
DSC00767.JPG
DSC00767.JPG (361.84 KiB) Viewed 6197 times
sherbie

Re: PCB identification

Postby Thomas W » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:40 pm

I believe the surface is covered with solder, yes.
What does NIN stand for?

From Wikipedia:
"EDO (UK) Ltd includes EDO MBM Technology Ltd in Brighton UK, and designs, develops and manufactures weapon interfacing (carriage and release) systems, cable assemblies and electrodynamic products for the aerospace and defense industries. The UK firm makes the EDO MBM Zero Retention Force Arming Unit."
Thomas W

Return to Electronics newbies