Electronics Forum

Electronics Circuits & Projects discussion forum. Get help with electronics.

Handling two different UART device with one port

Discuss all your electronics engineering related technical problems and other questions pertaining to design problems in any field of Electrical/Electronics/Computer Hardware

Moderator: pebe

Handling two different UART device with one port

Postby majidkhalili » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:05 pm

Hi guys
i dont know if this is the best place ask this , so if i have to post it in different section pls let me know
i have an avr micro controller that is working with PC using one of its serial port , and the avr has only one other serisal port , and i need to work with tow different device using UART , i have know idea what can i do
one of the devices i'm just reading from , and another one i'm bot reading and writing
and the important thing is that for both these devices i have to use the interrupt , so i cant not use just simple mux to handle these to , because they should interrupt the avr to read the value of them , so with mux i migh lose the data

pls tell me any thing that can help
thanks
majidkhalili

Re: Handling two different UART device with one port

Postby pebe » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:23 pm

As I read your post the communication to the PC is not relevant, but you need to communicate between a single UART on the Arduino and two other serial devices. Is that what you want?
pebe

Return to EE quiz questions & problems