Electronics Forum

Electronics Circuits & Projects discussion forum. Get help with electronics.

escalators electric system - control cabinet

Discuss all your electronics engineering related technical problems and other questions pertaining to design problems in any field of Electrical/Electronics/Computer Hardware

Moderator: pebe

escalators electric system - control cabinet

Postby barbu.ancuta » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:30 am

Hi!
I work for a company in Austria and I am looking for creative people that could come up with a solution for the electric and communication system (for an escalator). In case the profile will fit, I can recommend them to the client for a collaboration.
The current electrical control system consists of the drive control system, the communication system and the microcontroller board. All three components are housed in a control cabinet and are connected to several sensors in the escalator. The aim is now to substantially reduce the control and communication systems' weight (currently 50 kg) and dimensions (currently 500x700x300mm), to modernize the entire design and to make sure that the new control and communication system is based on a technology which allows for long-term upgradability and availability.

So basically what they want is a new system design, using standard components, more compact, lighter, easier to upgrade, multi-core system controller and real time, flexible...Has any of you designed similar applications and has great ideas?

Thanks!
Anca
barbu.ancuta

Return to EE quiz questions & problems