Electronics Forum

Electronics Circuits & Projects discussion forum. Get help with electronics.

Please Be My Lucius Fox...

New to electronics? Don't know where to start. No problem! Post your questions here.

Moderator: pebe

Please Be My Lucius Fox...

Postby MyNameIsNotQuaid » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:49 pm

Hi all.

My name's Gavin and I'm hoping you can help me with a project I'm working on.

I'm in the process of building a Batman (The Dark Knight costume) from scratch, the majority of which I'm very comfortable with as I've got some experience with that sort of thing.

However there is part of this build that I am hoping to achieve has me completely stumped, so I'mhoping someone here can help! :D

One thing I have never seen anybody attempt is the Dark Knight "sonar vision" lenses from this scene and the photo below;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZQT6lV-rsg

I'm thinking it may be achievable using a similar sliding mechanism to the cycle helmet below, but because it needs to fit under the cowl without a manual control breaking the surface I'm hoping it can be powered by a small motor or servo and it would be amazing if it could be remote control

From what (little) research I have done I'm thinking there may be enough room in the "ears" to hold a power source and receiver, but further than that I don't really know where to start.

So does anyone think this is achievable or am I pipe-dreaming big time?

If anyone can offer any advice or point me in the right direction I would be eternally grateful. Please accept my apologies if I have posted this in the wrong place.

Thanks

Gav
MyNameIsNotQuaid

Return to Electronics newbies