Electronics Forum

Electronics Circuits & Projects discussion forum. Get help with electronics.

RF Controlled Linear Servos

New to electronics? Don't know where to start. No problem! Post your questions here.

Moderator: pebe

RF Controlled Linear Servos

Postby Rockvilla Joe » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:06 pm

Hi

Im completed new to this forum and new to electronic circuits, Im a hobbyist (model railroader) and I'd like to contruct some circuit boards to power a linear servo, by RF.

The operating power range of the servo's is 4.5v. I have a steady 16v AC supply that I can step down to that voltage.

I'd like to know if there are any kits I can buy for the transmitter and receiver that I could use to switch these servos? I guess I would need 2 channels, one to switch the servo in one direction, one to return it to the original position.

I've seen these kits on ebay...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121187523928? ... 1423.l2649

Would these be any use?

Thanks in advance

Joe
Rockvilla Joe

Re: RF Controlled Linear Servos

Postby pebe » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:55 am

These are nice wireless links, but you would need an additional relay to drive your servo.
You might find this to be more suitable:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RF-Wireless-E ... 2c5d663175
This has capability to switch two channels. Note their relays are 'self latching' - that is, press button once to turn relay on, and press again to turn it off. You can also get 'momentary' types where the relay only holds in as long as you press and hold the button - relay goes off as soon as you release the button.
pebe

Postby Rockvilla Joe » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:57 pm

Hi Pebe

Thanks for your reply, that unit you linked to is a bit large for the space I have - I have space of around 50mm x 20mm x 30mm
Rockvilla Joe

Postby pebe » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:18 pm

Do you need a switch that will drive the servo to one end, with a limit switch, then the other switch to reverse the servo, with a limit switch there as well?
pebe

Return to Electronics newbies