Electronics Forum

Electronics Circuits & Projects discussion forum. Get help with electronics.

Camera control project

New to electronics? Don't know where to start. No problem! Post your questions here.

Moderator: pebe

Camera control project

Postby Anthony2012 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:01 pm

Hi
I am trying to build a control panel to help me with a photography project. But I have got stuck so I read a book on electronics but could really do with some experienced help. I have attached a schematic of what I want to achieve and can get the first sections completed by the use of standard switches and relays but my feeling is it is a bit of a fudged solution. Where I really get stuck is the time delays. I wan't to try and get some results before christmas so I am asking for help rather than a prolonged experimentation with capacitors and 555s.

ControlPanel.JPG
ControlPanel.JPG (114.2 KiB) Viewed 6647 times

The equipment I am trying to control (on AC1 and AC2) is also experimental and are either mains AC or 24V DC which can have its own power supply.
The time delays all need to be adjustable within the parameters I have put on the diagram.

The basic operation is :
- First switch pressed switches on AC1
- Second switced pressed triggers camera,
- sub-second delay then AC1 is switched off, and AC2 is switched on,
- another sub-second delay and AC2 is switched off
-another delay and you can start again at the beginning

But also AC1 will sustain damage if run for more than several seconds so a timer is needed to provide an override if the second button is not pressed in a suitable time.

Cheers. And thanks for the help.
Anthony2012

Re: Camera control project

Postby Anthony2012 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:24 am

Having been struggling with this I have I have just found the Arduino and Picaxe. These will solve a lot of the issues. But I may well be back with some simplar questions.
Anthony2012

Return to Electronics newbies