Electronics Forum

Electronics Circuits & Projects discussion forum. Get help with electronics.

Beginner Newbie

New to electronics? Don't know where to start. No problem! Post your questions here.

Moderator: pebe

Beginner Newbie

Postby montyloree » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:57 pm

I'm learning electronics so that I can built DIY solar panels...
I've bought a few books... electronics for dummies etc and have been reading them...

I bought a breadboard with some LEDs and resistors and a 12v battery...

Am I able to ask some very basic newbie questions here...
and.. can i post some photos of the breadboard so that i can understand what's going on?

The concept of DIY solar panels is great.. however, for a person who's never dealt with electronics, it seems a bit overwhelming
montyloree

Re: Beginner Newbie

Postby kbs » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:32 pm

Hi,

If you have a small output solar panel feeding a large lead acid battery then this is very simple.

Could you indicate the expected power from the solar panel, the intended battery capacity and the level of voltage regulation required?

Kb
kbs

Re: Beginner Newbie

Postby ataripunkconsole » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:20 am

Breadboards are great I love them and them make testing out circuits soo much easier. The way it works is along the bottom and top you have 2 horzontal rows of holes. The are usually configured as positive and negative power. All the holes in one horizontal row are connected by a copper piece. Then the holes in the middle go in vertical rows. Each row is also connected by a separate row of copper. Hope that helps explain the breadboard.
ataripunkconsole

Return to Electronics newbies