Electronics Forum

Electronics Circuits & Projects discussion forum. Get help with electronics.

V simple help needed

New to electronics? Don't know where to start. No problem! Post your questions here.

Moderator: pebe

V simple help needed

Postby Hughsie » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:59 am

Hi, I've signed up to this forum as I need some very simple advice please. If I give you the problem that might me the best place to start. Basically, I need a container filling with water to a certain level and then to empty and this process repeated every hour. I know that I could achieve this with a bell syphon but would rather a break in the water flow ie the filling and emptying needs to be done over a relatively short time scale. So, I have a pump that fills the container with water, I obviously need some kind of switch that will stop it at a certain level. But I need some timing device that says to the pump - an hr after the water got to the top ( and then drained) kick in and repeat process. My thoughts were if I had a pump that pumped water twice as fast as the outflow then I would not have to worry about a release mechanism for the water to leave. However, I think there must be some kind of plumbing device out there that releases water out at once ?

Hope this makes sense !!
Hughsie

Return to Electronics newbies