Electronics Forum

Electronics Circuits & Projects discussion forum. Get help with electronics.

Total noob wanting to undertake custom laser tag project

New to electronics? Don't know where to start. No problem! Post your questions here.

Moderator: pebe

Total noob wanting to undertake custom laser tag project

Postby PsychoThruster » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:23 pm

Okay, so I have a pretty ambitious vision for a laser tag system and would like to know what material I need to read/watch in order to learn the skills required to approach this project. It will use basic laser tag IR sender/receiver to shoot and and register hits. I would like to add a few neat twists however, such as using a removable and rechargeable battery that will double as an ammunition clip. As in reloading requires swapping out for a new battery. Say 50 shots per battery. I also want to run LEDs and speakers for effects. An ammunition display would be nice too. I realize this probably branches into several different areas of expertise, and this does not concern me as I am prepared to dedicate the time required to learn. I simply need pointing in the right direction. So if any of you could recommend some good books or videos on the subject for a total beginner, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
PsychoThruster

Postby newtonph » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:01 pm

That's revolutionary for laser tagging game and technology. That's too advance for me, good luck on looking..
newtonph

Return to Electronics newbies