Electronics Forum

Electronics Circuits & Projects discussion forum. Get help with electronics.

My Hoover's (vacuum) capacitor is broken

Enquire about part equivalents and difficult-to-find parts here. This is the forum to discuss everything about electronic parts and components.

Moderator: pebe

My Hoover's (vacuum) capacitor is broken

Postby neroman » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:08 pm

Hi,

SAMSUNG vacuum cleaner MODEL: SC4020

http://images.samsung.com/is/image/samsung/my_VCC4020S4R-XME_002_Right-Angle?$Download-Source$

My hoover suddenly stopped work and I opened it to find out what happened. Then I found that a capacitor burned. This capacitor is: 150n K 275V 486 D MKP X2 (WITHOUT ANY BRAND NAME)

I searched the market and i did not find exactly the same capacitor. Then I bought another one which is: 150n j 1000V PHILIPS 376 KP/MMKP HQ 94 48

My questions and queries are:

1. Does the new capacitor I bought has Plus and Minus polarity (DC) or it doesn't matter how to connect it. (if not, does it work under AC ?)

2. Comparing the manufacturer's capacitor with the new which I have bought, the nano values are same (both have 150n) but the voltage varies (manufacturer's capacitor has 275V and PHILIPS which I bought has 1000V). Is that a problem?

3. Both legs of the new capacitor I bought, are very short in length because the new capacitor is wider than the manufacturer's capacitor . While I was trying to solder the legs with the wire, suddenly both legs were cut out. Then, I was forced to dig both sides of the protrusions, using pliers, in order to see the braces contacts but I have done little damage at the sides of the capacitor. Now, I can see the bonds but the sides of the capacitor has been little mashed.

If i connect the capacitor by ignoring the little damage i have done and if my hoover works normal, is there any possibility in the near future, my vacuum (engine) to catch fire or explode?

Please advice. Thanks
neroman

Return to Electronic Parts forum