Electronics Forum

Electronics Circuits & Projects discussion forum. Get help with electronics.

IDE to SATA with dvd drive

Enquire about part equivalents and difficult-to-find parts here. This is the forum to discuss everything about electronic parts and components.

Moderator: pebe

IDE to SATA with dvd drive

Postby dylanjmartin » Fri May 06, 2011 12:56 am

Hi, i have an IDE to SATA http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812186078&cm_re=sata_to_ide-_-12-186-078-_-Product connecting my dvd drive which is an LG GDR-8162B. I have everything setup properly i'm pretty sure. My computer installed the drivers and shows it in the device manager and bios. I try putting in a disk but it always says there isn't any in there, I tried a music cd, a moive, a game, a burned data disk and even a blank disk, no luck. ive tried setting the adapter and drive to cable select, master and slave modes and still no luck. what do you think is worng, if you think its something is faulty would it be the dvd drive or the adapter, if im doing something wrong what am i dong wrong? thanks ahead of time for your help
dylanjmartin

Postby admin » Fri May 06, 2011 2:41 am

This is a forum for electronics stuff and not for computers. Also I do not think there would anybody who would have tried that particular item to be able to offer help. I suggest you contact the seller and obtain proper support and return it for a refund.
regards,
Admin.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Electronic Parts forum