Electronics Forum

Electronics Circuits & Projects discussion forum. Get help with electronics.

3 Phase Energy Meter

Enquire about part equivalents and difficult-to-find parts here. This is the forum to discuss everything about electronic parts and components.

Moderator: pebe

3 Phase Energy Meter

Postby port50 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:38 am

Hello,

I am trying to find a Single chip solution for my design of 3 phase energy meter. I am currently using separate MCU, ADC and LCD Drivers for my smart meter. Now i want to find a solution that combines at least two of these three things on a single chip. This will save me some space and price.

Something along the lines of MSP430FE425IPM, which i used to finish my single phase energy meter.

Looking for a device that performs the same functions for a 3 phase meter.

Any ideas would be welcome.

Thank You
port50

Postby Dainard Jackson » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:06 pm

Hi there,

Now a days every MCU manufacturer are working on the design for the 3-Phase meter solution and most of them have the MCU for 3-Phase Meter. Like once i come to know that Freescale's MCF51EM256 is one of the Single and Three Phase Energy meter chip.

But you know in most of the Energy meter there is Solution from TI as they are the best in the power consumption.

PS:- Seems you are working on Energy meter field. Can we have some topic from your side which gives basic knowledge of this field?
- Dainard Jackson.

Postby arun250691 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:32 am

i found what u are lookin for, check at analog.com they have awide ranf=ge of metering ic and on chip programmable 8052 core that does the operations that till now u have been doing with a seperate mcu,

by the way i too am working on a similar project in my university, can you mail me the schematics of how you interfaced the current/ voltage sensor with the MCU, ive never used a ADC before and the online tutorials are of little help, can you scan your notes or diagram schematics and mail them to me pls, i would be really grateful, ive devised an algo but for that i need real time power monitoring and for which i need to learn to use an ADC

email: arun250691@gmail.com :wink: :roll:
δ²@run²δ
arun250691

Postby Mike Paul » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:27 pm

Hello,

Thanks to sharing your three phase energy meter information, Really using separate MCU, ADC and LCD Drivers for smart meter.

Thanks in best advance
Mike Paul

Postby arun250691 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:45 pm

its ok, i worked it out while i was developing my routing algorithm, the smart grid thing has really got these silicon manufacturers to go beyond the usual
δ²@run²δ
arun250691

Return to Electronic Parts forum