Electronics Forum

Electronics Circuits & Projects discussion forum. Get help with electronics.

Remaing Charging Cycles on Rechargable NiMH AA 1.2V Batterie

Discuss about electronic circuits here. Request help for circuits that you couldn't find anywhere else, how a circuit works etc. Discuss anything related to electronic circuits.

Moderator: pebe

Remaing Charging Cycles on Rechargable NiMH AA 1.2V Batterie

Postby carloszoom3000 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:09 pm

I'm trying to find out the remaining charging cyles on NiMH AA 1.2V rechargable batteries.

I'm placing a battery in series with a the parallel of 3 resistors of 2.2 ohms which are 5, 10 and 20 watts respectively.
To log the discharge and using an Arduino UNO and with some visual basic code i can see on every second, the voltage values measured (it also shows a graph).

When checking a functional battery it takes 15327 seconds before the curve shows it's discharge and it takes 9000 seconds on the non functional.

I would like to know what parameters i should take into account to know the remaining charging cycles.

Regards,
carloszoom3000

Re: Remaing Charging Cycles on Rechargable NiMH AA 1.2V Batt

Postby bwetman » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:27 am

To estimate how much current the GPA draws can be quite difficult, depending on how accurate and detailed the information is that you’re after.
PCB Repair Tools - Rework Stencils, & SMT Stencils on Soldertools
bwetman

Re: Remaing Charging Cycles on Rechargable NiMH AA 1.2V Batt

Postby carloszoom3000 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:10 pm

Thanks for replying,

The ideal case would be to know the exact amount of remaining recharging cycles, but if it could be handled in percentage or even divided into let's say 10 levels (from 100 to 10) if battery remaining operating life, that would be ok.

Regards,
carloszoom3000

Return to Electronic Circuits Help