Electronics Forum

Electronics Circuits & Projects discussion forum. Get help with electronics.

Status light circuit with multiple triggers

Discuss about electronic circuits here. Request help for circuits that you couldn't find anywhere else, how a circuit works etc. Discuss anything related to electronic circuits.

Moderator: pebe

Status light circuit with multiple triggers

Postby Jamesa75 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:50 am

Hello All,
I am in need of some help for a really basic project I'm working on. I have several timers whose output (120vac at 0:00) I would like to use to enable a single status lamp. How can I wire this to prevent voltage from one timer's output from feeding back into the other timers. I'm particularly concerned about shorting phase to phase if all the timers don't share a common power source. I'm sure this is simple beyond belief but unfortunately it is beyond me. I would appreciate any guidance!
Regards,
James
Jamesa75

Re: Status light circuit with multiple triggers

Postby KMoffett » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:02 pm

Probably not too complicated...as I bite my tongue. Can you post a link to your timers?

Ken
KMoffett

Postby KMoffett » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:56 pm

Just an off the wall (wart) solution. Each timer is connected to the input of cheap (or free), used 5V cellphone chargers (wall warts). They're available from thrift stores...or you friends for free. They're 5VDC outputs are diode-logic OR'ed to either an incandescent lamp or a resistor and LED. When any, or all, of the timers put out 120VAC the lamp lights. Will this work for you?

Ken

TimeOutIndicator.gif
TimeOutIndicator.gif (13.28 KiB) Viewed 12404 times
KMoffett

Postby Jamesa75 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:56 pm

Jamesa75

Postby KMoffett » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:41 pm

Since the outputs are NPN transistors or relays, is the "120vac at 0:0" because you're using the relay to power something else at "0:0"?

Ken
KMoffett

Return to Electronic Circuits Help