Electronics Forum

Electronics Circuits & Projects discussion forum. Get help with electronics.

Need design for 200 volt DC power supply.

Discuss about electronic circuits here. Request help for circuits that you couldn't find anywhere else, how a circuit works etc. Discuss anything related to electronic circuits.

Moderator: pebe

Need design for 200 volt DC power supply.

Postby drstrangebrain » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:15 pm

I'm working on a project that requires a variable 0 to 200 volt dc power source from a 120 volt AC outlet. Building the circuit is no problem for me, just designing one is. The design I'm hoping for will include analog or digital indicators to indicate the voltages and current going through the output. Been out of hobby electronics for 25 years and starting up again. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks
drstrangebrain

Re: Need design for 200 volt DC power supply.

Postby KMoffett » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:25 pm

How much current out at 200V? How much current out a low voltages? Current limiting? Does it need to go down to 0V, or is +1.25V minimum OK?

Ken
Last edited by KMoffett on Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KMoffett

Re: Need design for 200 volt DC power supply.

Postby drstrangebrain » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:32 pm

Attached to this reply is a jpeg of the circuit diagram my son gave me. I'm trying to understand what he's working on but for now it's secret. The variable voltage needs to go as low as possible. Some may be ok but zero is better. Any information you give will be most helpful at this point and I hope this pictures will provide what you need to help. Thank you.
Attachments
EPSON002-1-1.jpg
EPSON002-1-1.jpg (82.44 KiB) Viewed 7426 times
drstrangebrain

Return to Electronic Circuits Help