Electronics Forum

Electronics Circuits & Projects discussion forum. Get help with electronics.

DC Circuit Help for a Telescope Project

Discuss about electronic circuits here. Request help for circuits that you couldn't find anywhere else, how a circuit works etc. Discuss anything related to electronic circuits.

Moderator: pebe

DC Circuit Help for a Telescope Project

Postby JoelyE95 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:26 am

Hi all,

I am asking for some help with a little project I am working on. It is for my telescope so that I can switch the power on or off for up to 2 devices. One is the telescope GoTo system and the other is for the ability to use a few LED lights later on.

I have an enclosure which will house a 12v 9Ah battery and all the wiring and switches. What I wanted to do was has one switch to "turn on" the other two switches which will each power a device. I have attached a simple sketch of what I was thinking, it has been too long since I have done something like this and I don't want to fry anything.

Charging of the battery will be done when the main switch is turned off and a charger plugged in. The switches are all Earth/Load/Supply which have the ability to illuminate when the load is turned on.

I need help in relation to any resistors, regulators or layout to make sure the circuit is okay and will not damage any devices. Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Joel
Attachments
image.jpg
Sketch
image.jpg (469.69 KiB) Viewed 7190 times
JoelyE95

Re: DC Circuit Help for a Telescope Project

Postby KMoffett » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:23 pm

Looks good so far. From what you've posted, all you have to do is connect the "Earth" terminals on all three switches to the negative side of the battery. The be sure, activate the switches with no loads connected. Then try it with safe loads, like 12V light bulbs. Are you thinking of having an automatic disconnect, so when the charger is attached the main switch is disabled?

Ken
KMoffett

Return to Electronic Circuits Help