Electronics Forum

Electronics Circuits & Projects discussion forum. Get help with electronics.

2 kHz Signal Transfering Cirtuit Without Any Distortion

Discuss about electronic circuits here. Request help for circuits that you couldn't find anywhere else, how a circuit works etc. Discuss anything related to electronic circuits.

Moderator: pebe

2 kHz Signal Transfering Cirtuit Without Any Distortion

Postby cybercem » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:17 am

Hi Everyone,
I have two devices which works synchronizing eachother. The synchronization signal is 2 kHz. You can see its signal characteristic at attached picture (The red one is synchronization signal). While transfering this signal from one device to second one, it is distorting because of noise. So, devices don't work properly. Beacuse, they must synchronize to each other. Distance between two device is maksimum 5 meters. I need a component or a circuit which is able to fix the distorted signal. Or this component or circuit able to tolerate distortion. Can anyone provide a solution or suggest a component related with my problem? What can be done?
P.S : Amplitude of synchronization signal is between zero and negative 0.8 Volt as you can see the picture. (0<signal<-0.8 Volt)

http://we.tl/SClXkvNVkd
cybercem

Re: 2 kHz Signal Transfering Cirtuit Without Any Distortion

Postby pebe » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:37 pm

Are you trying to trigger a square wave oscillator (blue) with the red signal? If so, you need a circuit that will clip the negative peak of the red signal and pass only that to the blue circuit.

Can you supply more circuit details?
pebe

Postby cybercem » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:06 pm

pebe wrote:Are you trying to trigger a square wave oscillator (blue) with the red signal? If so, you need a circuit that will clip the negative peak of the red signal and pass only that to the blue circuit.

Can you supply more circuit details?

Ok. Blue signal is not important. It is totaly different signal which is not related with my problem.
Full detailed explanation is below;
I have two different data acquisition systems. And they include ADCs on their own. They are totoally same device but there is no connection between them. I want to get data simultaneously from each ADCs. So i should sycnhronize to each other. My ADCs are MAX11040K (Maxim Integrated). Datasheet of MAX11040K says that: if you want to synchronize each ADCs, you should carry DTRDYOUT signal, which is created by master ADC, to each ADCs. So, i am trying to do that. The red signal is DTRDYOUT signal. I should carry this signal from first device of ADC to second ADCs. But the red signal is distortion. I have set the ADCs to 2kHz. And ı have measured that signal on first device. But when i connect a cable to second device of ADCs, this signal frequency is 1996 Hz. That is why dont work synchronize to eachother. My problem is that. I am thinking if ı use a clock buffer, does it work properly? Or anyone can help me to solve this?
cybercem

Postby pebe » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:14 pm

I am having problems understanding these points:

I have two devices which works synchronizing eachother
That is not possible – one must synchronize the other. Do you mean the serial outputs from the ADCs must be synchronized?

Whle transfering this signal from one device to second one, it is distorting because of noise. So, devices don't work properly. Beacuse, they must synchronize to each other. Distance between two device is maksimum 5 meters

If signals are being distorted then they must be the analogue data signals. I assume the two devices linked by cable. If so, are you using screened cable to prevent noise pickup?

I have set the ADCs to 2kHz. And ı have measured that signal on first device. But when i connect a cable to second device of ADCs, this signal frequency is 1996 Hz. That is why dont work synchronize to eachother.
Is the 2kHz the serial-data-out clock signal? Why should it be 1996Hz on the second device? I don’t understand you.

I have two different data acquisition systems. And they include ADCs on their own. They are totoally same device but there is no connection between them
That doesn’t make sense. If they are the same device, how can they be different?

It is unfortunate that you did not include a block diagram of your setup, because one picture is worth a thousand words. If you could post one, together with details of the analogue signals, it would help.
pebe

Return to Electronic Circuits Help