Electronics Forum

Electronics Circuits & Projects discussion forum. Get help with electronics.

Adding a power failure restart circuit to fan controller

Discuss about electronic circuits here. Request help for circuits that you couldn't find anywhere else, how a circuit works etc. Discuss anything related to electronic circuits.

Moderator: pebe

Adding a power failure restart circuit to fan controller

Postby Solderflow » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:59 pm

Hey there everybody, id like to welcome myself to the forums, on the other hand if anybody could give me a few tips on this id really appreciate it, ive added pics aswell.

Im trying to add a circuit to this board which controls a permanent split capacitor AC fan, it has 5 speeds, i want the circuit to remember the setting i last used when the power trips and comes back on because currently it doesnt come back on when the power trips which is risking my equipment, i would like to know how hard this would be and if anybody could give me some sort of a simple guideline ?

Thank you ! : )
Solderflow

Re: Adding a power failure restart circuit to fan controller

Postby KMoffett » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:00 pm

How about a link to the fan controller for more information? What do the switches do?

Ken
KMoffett

Postby Solderflow » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:37 pm

Thank you for the reply Ken, here is the link for the product http://www.a-brt.com/en/product.asp?id=471&btitle=Ventilation%20Fan%20Switch , the one in the link has the lamp button switch but mine comes without this, on the other hand the controller is exactly the same, the middle button is the on and off ,the button on the right is to select a higher speed and the button on the left is to select a lower speed, if you could help me with this id be stoked, thank you for our help.
Solderflow

Postby Solderflow » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:46 am

I spoke to the fan manufacturer and although on the controllers backplate it says i must only wire the 2 right side terminals they sent me a datasheet of the controller and told me to wire all 4 terminals, this is awkward, i want to try it but they cannot confirm or tell me if the controller has a power restart memory, im afraid wire the terminals that way but if anybody can confirm if that could work id be stoked. Thank You
Solderflow

Postby KMoffett » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:30 pm

The PDF http://www.a-brt.com/htmledit/uploadfile/20111123103339347.pdf shows 4 terminals, but only the three labeled ones are used. In your case only the Fan and ACL are used.

In your photo there is a lot of white "crud" on the PCB. Was that original or did this controller get liquid damage? Any markings on U1 similar to the ones on U3?

Ken
KMoffett

Postby Solderflow » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:55 pm

KMoffett wrote:The PDF http://www.a-brt.com/htmledit/uploadfile/20111123103339347.pdf shows 4 terminals, but only the three labeled ones are used. In your case only the Fan and ACL are used.

In your photo there is a lot of white "crud" on the PCB. Was that original or did this controller get liquid damage? Any markings on U1 similar to the ones on U3?

Ken

Yes thats correct Ken im only using the AC Live & AC Neutral terminals which are 2 in total, this controller originally came like it is, i didnt expose it to any liquid of any sort. By the markings are you talking about the white crud ?
Solderflow

Postby KMoffett » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:19 am

No. The markings I'm wondering about on U1 would be a logo/label/part#.

Ken
KMoffett

Postby Solderflow » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:20 am

KMoffett wrote:No. The markings I'm wondering about on U1 would be a logo/label/part#.

Ken

Should i get the part number of the white box in U3 and the box in U1 ? I can do that no problem : ) !
Solderflow

Return to Electronic Circuits Help