Electronics Forum

Electronics Circuits & Projects discussion forum. Get help with electronics.

Help me in calculating voltage drop

Discuss about electronic circuits here. Request help for circuits that you couldn't find anywhere else, how a circuit works etc. Discuss anything related to electronic circuits.

Moderator: pebe

Help me in calculating voltage drop

Postby maestrominion » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:31 pm

hello,
I need to calculate voltage drop across resistors highlighted in the attached embedded circuit.I'm not technically high.Can someone help me.Thanks in advance :)
Attachments
circuit.png
PFA!!!
circuit.png (52.21 KiB) Viewed 8632 times
maestrominion

Re: Help me in calculating voltage drop

Postby pebe » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:51 pm

Hi maestrominion, and welcome.
Unfortunately, your drawing is in .PNG format and it impossible to read the component types and values - even with a screen magnifier. It would be helpful if you could show just the left hand side of the circuit, in .GIF format.

To work out your problem it is necessary to know the zener types and voltages, and the waveforms type and voltages at two 'X' inputs. It would also be helpful to know the type of IC used.
pebe

Postby nathan.hawks12 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:15 pm

please elaborate the values of all components.

Note: Spam edited out - pebe, moderator
nathan.hawks12

Postby I_Daniel » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:27 am

Use OHMS Law. To calculate the voltage drop you must know how much current flows through the resistor.
Your diagram does not give any information regarding the resistance (R) nor the current (i). So unfortunatekly no one can help you except as I did by telling you to use OHMS Law.
OHMS Law is the very first thing to learn when starting in the field of electronics.
Okay the supply voltage is 5v so I am sure you can now take it from there but there is already a "dropping" resistor before the one you are interested in.
I_Daniel

Return to Electronic Circuits Help