Electronics Forum

Electronics Circuits & Projects discussion forum. Get help with electronics.

human presence detection to turn off appliances and smoke de

Discuss about electronic circuits here. Request help for circuits that you couldn't find anywhere else, how a circuit works etc. Discuss anything related to electronic circuits.

Moderator: pebe

human presence detection to turn off appliances and smoke de

Postby chibaba » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:13 pm

please i need help designing my final year project.
the project is meant for an office, it is meant to turn off appliances in the office once the last occupant leaves the office. it also has a smoke detector which also turns off appliances once it detects smoke in the office. the time after which the appliances goes off when the last occupant can be preset by the user from like 5 minutes to 3 hours
chibaba

Re: human presence detection to turn off appliances and smok

Postby KMoffett » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:54 pm

What appliances?
How are they powered...voltage/current?
Are they in multiple locations through the office?
Are they powered off of more than one branch circuit in the office?
Are the appliances' power turned on as soon as someone enters the office...after they were automatically turned off?
If the smoke detector turns them off, does it require a manual reset that prevents someone entering the office and automatically turning them back on?

Ken
KMoffett

Postby chibaba » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:07 pm

for the prototype i am to build its just going to be 2 or 3 electric bulbs in one location.
yes the bulbs are to be turned on as soon as one enters the office after they were automatically turned off.
yes the smoke detector will require a manual reset to prevent someone entering the office from automatically turning them on.
chibaba

Postby chibaba » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:06 pm

for the prototype i am building, it is just going to be 2 or 3 electric bulbs in the same location.

The idea is that when a person enters the office, he turns on the switches of the bulbs manually by himself but when he leaves the office and forgets to switch off the bulbs, the circuit takes control and switches off the bulbs even when the switch of the bulb is ON. and when the person returns the circuit lets go and let the bulbs come back on as indicated by the switch position. The circuit does nothing if the person switches off the bulbs before leaving. it is to ensure safety.

If smoke is detected it puts of the bulbs whether one is present or not in the office. If one is not present in the office and left the bulbs on, to prevent the bulbs coming on once the person returns a manual reset will be needed.
chibaba

Return to Electronic Circuits Help