Electronics Forum

Electronics Circuits & Projects discussion forum. Get help with electronics.

help with Circuit

Discuss about electronic circuits here. Request help for circuits that you couldn't find anywhere else, how a circuit works etc. Discuss anything related to electronic circuits.

Moderator: pebe

help with Circuit

Postby shyckh » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:55 pm

i am working on a project for which i need two set of ir leds to flicker alternatively with respect to each other with the same input frequency. the input signal is coming from the vsync of ps3eye camera. i have given the the vsyn signal to 555 timer. the output of 555 timer is being given to arduino board pin3 as an interrupt. the remaing circuit is attached. the problem i am facing is that leds would not turn off completely rather thay just dims. i want leds to be completely off if one set of leds is on. any help on it would be appreciated. also i want to know what is the frequency of v sync signal?
Attachments
1.PNG
1.PNG (75.57 KiB) Viewed 4999 times
shyckh

Re: help with Circuit

Postby pebe » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:15 am

i have given the the vsyn signal to 555 timer. the output of 555 timer is being given to arduino board pin3 as an interrupt. the remaing circuit is attached. the problem i am facing is that leds would not turn off completely rather thay just dims.

You have not supplied sufficient information to get an answer.

I can’t help with the vsync frequency – perhaps the people who sold you the camera will know. But as it is ‘v’ sync I would have expected it to be 60Hz.

I don’t see why you are using a 555 timer – why not feed the sync pulse directly to the Arduino? But assuming the LEDs are driven alternately at 60Hz then due to the persistence of vision, then I would expect them to appear to be on all the time but at half brilliance. But the LEDs are IR, so what are you using to view them?

Incidentally, you say 2 sets of LEDs, but your circuit shows only 3 LEDs.
You have 2 LEDs in parallel – a bad practice because one may take more current than the other.
The supply jack socket is wired unconventionally – the ‘ring’ (body) is normally wired to ground.
pebe

Return to Electronic Circuits Help