Electronics Forum

Electronics Circuits & Projects discussion forum. Get help with electronics.

T-Loop Induction Receiver

Discuss about electronic circuits here. Request help for circuits that you couldn't find anywhere else, how a circuit works etc. Discuss anything related to electronic circuits.

Moderator: pebe

T-Loop Induction Receiver

Postby nicholasalexander » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:02 am

My mother, bless her, is only 53 but is gradually losing her hearing. Due to her age she refuses to wear a hearing aid, instead opting for an almost deafening volume on the telly. Sure to affect my father sooner or later, I have taken it upon myself to fix the situation. Intending to create a T-loop system within my house with which mother can listen to using regular headphones, I have bought a second hand transmitter from e bay but decided to use my circuitry skills to build a simple receiver. I found a basic circuit diagram incorporating the Telecoil device however I could use some help if anyone has any previous experience with T-coils/T-loop networks as said circuitry skills don't seem to be up to par... I'll upload the diagram so if anyone has any help/ideas for me, please let me know!
nicholasalexander

Re: T-Loop Induction Receiver

Postby nicholasalexander » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:15 am

here's the link to the circuit diagram I'm currently working with... http://www.techlib.com/electronics/induction.html
nicholasalexander

Postby pebe » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:10 pm

Can you supply a bit more info about the transmitter? Does it feed a wired loop or is it a radio type?
pebe

Postby nicholasalexander » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:40 am

as far as I know it is based on magnetic frequencies both transmitted and received via a telecoil. I'm shopping for parts today and will hopefully begin this afternoon/tomorrow morning so I will have some more specific queries by then. I was just hoping that one of the users here may have done the same sort of project before and have some shortcuts for me...
nicholasalexander

Return to Electronic Circuits Help