Electronics Forum

Electronics Circuits & Projects discussion forum. Get help with electronics.

Record player proprietary power cable help

Discuss about electronic circuits here. Request help for circuits that you couldn't find anywhere else, how a circuit works etc. Discuss anything related to electronic circuits.

Moderator: pebe

Record player proprietary power cable help

Postby snake_2k » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:25 am

I recently scavenged a Sanyo TP 760 record player from an old stereo system, unfortunately it connects to the main unit with a proprietary connector, and I don't want the entire stereo (its huge).

I see ground and two AC pins.
I'm guessing the rest aren't important. RST is possibly reset, clueless about RMT and A. F.

I have basic soldering experience (replaced some blown capacitors on my guitar amp recently) but I know nothing about electricity.

If anyone could recommend some parts and what wires to solder together I would love to do this little project.

Thanks in advance
snake_2k

Re: Record player proprietary power cable help

Postby snake_2k » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:23 am

so a hundred views and nobody can link me a part and say solder the wires here and here?
snake_2k

Postby pebe » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:20 am

Your request is very specific, so unless one of the many viewers own, or know about, your model of record player, then they cannot help you.
pebe

Postby JMACgyver » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:03 pm

pebe wrote:Your request is very specific, so unless one of the many viewers own, or know about, your model of record player, then they cannot help you.

Agreed. I just looked for the owner's manual online, and cannot find a free version. depening on how technical it gets, or if you can find the service manual for it, that would be helpful.

my question is, do these wires output the sound as well, or is that in another part of the unit?
what buttons/switches are on the unit? knowing its features/functions might give meaning to those wires.

failing all else, my first try would be seeing where those extra wires trace to on the circuit board in the player. I would then look up the part numbers of the major chips/parts involved to see what they do. that should give you some indication of what type of signals/voltages those wires need. I would then hook up 16Vac to the AC wires and see what happens. if all is stable, then read those wires on a multimeter to see if they output voltage or expect voltage brought into them.

Mainly, knowing *how* it interacts with the device it came out of will give you some of the info you need.
If you still have access to the older main unit, I would make a 'breakout' cable and bring a meter and notepad along and record the reading you observe during various stages of operating.
(Also, the "RST" might be 'Rest' which is the arm in the 'down' position.)

Electro
aka The Other David
"In Theory, the is no difference between practice and theory. In Practice, there is."
JMACgyver

Return to Electronic Circuits Help