Electronics Forum

Electronics Circuits & Projects discussion forum. Get help with electronics.

Burned parts in power invertor Whitenergy

Discuss about electronic circuits here. Request help for circuits that you couldn't find anywhere else, how a circuit works etc. Discuss anything related to electronic circuits.

Moderator: pebe

Burned parts in power invertor Whitenergy

Postby MartinJ » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:52 am

Hi to everybody!

I am trying to repair power invertor Whitenergy AC/DC from 24V to 230V 2000W. On the PCB I have found that there are two parts burned out. On the PCB there is a resistor marking R59, R60. But only leads are sticking out on the PCB and it can not be seen what parts used to be there.

I guess these parts might be resistors with some small value (less then 1ohm). But I am not sure. They are in series with the load (230V socket) in the H-Bridge circuit.

I have searched on the internet for the possible part which can be there. It seams that there can be also some filters or inductors. But I am not sure.

Does anyone have an idea what is the best to put there? Attached are some pictures to describe the problem.

Thanks Martin
Attachments
pcb04.jpg
pcb04.jpg (46.52 KiB) Viewed 6098 times
pcb03.jpg
pcb03.jpg (202.15 KiB) Viewed 6098 times
pcb02.jpg
pcb02.jpg (180.85 KiB) Viewed 6098 times
pcb01a.jpg
pcb01a.jpg (283.8 KiB) Viewed 6098 times
MartinJ

Re: Burned parts in power invertor Whitenergy - SOLVED

Postby MartinJ » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:15 pm

Hi there,

problem solved. Part that was burned was pozistor - fuse. With increasing current (temperature) increases its resistance and limits the output current. The invertor was probably used for very high load for long period of time and this part was burned by long term high temperature.

Martin
MartinJ

Return to Electronic Circuits Help