Electronics Forum

Electronics Circuits & Projects discussion forum. Get help with electronics.

Looking for ic tto drive surface mount LEDs

Discuss about electronic circuits here. Request help for circuits that you couldn't find anywhere else, how a circuit works etc. Discuss anything related to electronic circuits.

Moderator: pebe

Looking for ic tto drive surface mount LEDs

Postby FastEddy » Wed May 07, 2014 6:26 pm

Hello, I hope this is the right forum board to post this question.
I am building a project that will have six surface mount LEDs that will be turned on with the tactile on off button and will be driven by the voltage and current capabilities of the USB port.
When I push the on off button, I would like to have all of the LEDs turn on. When I push it the second time I would like three of the LEDs turn on alternately. When I push it a third time I would like all of the LEDs to turn off.
It should be a simple circuit. And I could design using simple TTL components, but I want to use all surface mount components so that the overall project will be as small as I can make it.
If you have any information about a custom surface mount IC that will do the job and/or a circuit schematic, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance.
Eddy
FastEddy

Re: Looking for ic tto drive surface mount LEDs

Postby AJAIMS » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:05 am

You can use a micro controller to do the job. Any controller that works around 5v can be selected. The controller along with the LEDs can be powered from USB. A good choice is PIC mcu or AVR.
AJAIMS

Return to Electronic Circuits Help