Electronics Forum

Electronics Circuits & Projects discussion forum. Get help with electronics.

Reseting a circuit board

Discuss about electronic circuits here. Request help for circuits that you couldn't find anywhere else, how a circuit works etc. Discuss anything related to electronic circuits.

Moderator: pebe

Reseting a circuit board

Postby Sh_L » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:22 am

Hi everyone,

I have an surveillance Network Video Recorder (NVR) for CCTV, actually I want to perform a firmware upgrading unfortunately I unsuccessful to do it. I do not know what I did wrong although I following the steps provide. Now, my plan to reset it because at the moment NVR just stuck displaying its own model number. I did already did push the switch button inside the circuit board itself in order to get into the user controller interface unfortunately also fail. Does anyone here know any method to access in the circuit board? Thanks for any suggestion guys.
Sh_L

Re: Reseting a circuit board

Postby hapticz » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:17 am

many of these surveillance recorder devices actually are some what 'secure' against tampering. the manufacturer often has specific keycode sequences (much like a default password) to enable a menu or further enable hardware features. some use a specific option port (rs232/usb/flashcard) with proprietary external hardware to access these features as well. if you can access the manufacture website or even contact the company, they may have this information.
hapticz

Return to Electronic Circuits Help