Electronics Forum

Electronics Circuits & Projects discussion forum. Get help with electronics.

Newbe help pls

Discuss about electronic circuits here. Request help for circuits that you couldn't find anywhere else, how a circuit works etc. Discuss anything related to electronic circuits.

Moderator: pebe

Newbe help pls

Postby midwest_medic » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:22 pm

Hi, I'm new, obviously, and am looking for some help with a needed project. I have a son who has Asperger's. It is a mild form of Autism. He is very high functioning but at this present medical juncture he will always struggle with being "normal". I have tried the "professional" advice and have gotten minimal improvements in the areas that he needs to work on in order to better fit into society and daily social situations. So, that being said, I am looking for a way to help him. I am looking for a way to create a simple circuit that has as few parts as possible. I want to create a small board that has a battery source (hearing aid size), a timer (something like a resistor and capacitor that will slowly build up over one minute and then discharge into a flat or oblong vibrating micro motor to produce vibrations. I was in the Army a looooong time ago and learned the rudimentary basics of dc circuits. However, it has been too long ago to remember much. I am hoping to maybe make something "larger" to test the circuit possibly and then create something as small as possible in order to "glue" or "adhear" it to the mastoid bone directly behind the ear in order to make it as hidden as possible but still create the vibrations that he finds pleasing and soothing. Ultimately I would like to make the "board" out of something flexible so as to minimize pain and also to help in forming to the back of the ear / mastoid bone. Also I am just remembering that capacitors can sometimes get HOT so I guess the size and elecrical charge building would need to be taken into consideration. I got the idea from watching him put his head against the window of the car when we are on the highway and seeing the character Seven of Nine from the old Star Trek Voyager series. It doesn't need to be circular in size but can be linear to lay along the back of the ear where it meets the skull. Any help would be appreciated and / or I am willing to pay someone to create this for me if needed. If I create it I thought I would purchase things from the net or locally from Radio Shack. Thanks for any help or advise.
midwest_medic

Return to Electronic Circuits Help