Electronics Forum

Electronics Circuits & Projects discussion forum. Get help with electronics.

Need help with circuit for enery collector.

Discuss about electronic circuits here. Request help for circuits that you couldn't find anywhere else, how a circuit works etc. Discuss anything related to electronic circuits.

Moderator: pebe

Need help with circuit for enery collector.

Postby dctm64 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:12 pm

I'm doing a project and I was wondering if this circuit: http://www.next.gr/power-supplies/Free- ... 11721.html

would fit in a Pro-Ject Breadboard GL No. 12 (Solderless Breadboard) and if so, can anyone give me a possible layout for it?

It was suggested that I use silver mica capacitors but in my country (Philippines) these are almost nonexistent and I can't find ceramic capacitors either. It was said NOT (In all caps) to use polyester capacitors and unfortunately that's what I'm using. (Mylar)

The antenna I'll be using is a satellite dish for TV. How should I go about connecting it?

The grounding is a metal pipe outside. (Don't know how deep it is though)

Just need some suggestions.
dctm64

Re: Need help with circuit for enery collector.

Postby pebe » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:14 am

I think the author of the article lives in Cloud Cuckoo land. To expect to get 10W from a length of wire, or power a house from several of them, is just a pipe dream!

In the early days of radio broadcasting the energy from that size antenna would just about power a crystal set feeding into headphones.
pebe

Re: Need help with circuit for enery collector.

Postby dctm64 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:08 pm

Thanks for your insights pebe. I'm not using a length of wire though, and I don't really need that much voltage. About 2.5 to 5 volts would be ok. Just need it to work because I have to demonstrate it on Monday and I guess I should've picked a better one. I heard of one that uses 4 resistors and 4 capacitors, does anybody know about this? Thanks.
dctm64

Return to Electronic Circuits Help