Electronics Forum

Electronics Circuits & Projects discussion forum. Get help with electronics.

Servos jerking around!

Discuss about electronic circuits here. Request help for circuits that you couldn't find anywhere else, how a circuit works etc. Discuss anything related to electronic circuits.

Moderator: pebe

Servos jerking around!

Postby roineust » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:49 am

Hello!

I am building a project, that includes an Arduino pro-mini 5V, a small, but relatively strong, slot-car 12V ~5A DC motor and 6 servos.

My problem is, that when the DC motor is working, the servos start jiggling and jerking and not going exactly in their programmed path. I have used a 4000mAh 30C battery, so i think it can not be the battery current capacity.

Can you help me solve this please?

P.S.
Someone just told me, that it might be an issue of noise reduction, because of the disturbance emitted by the DC motor.
If this is indeed the most probable cause, what is the easiest way for a layman to add noise reduction to the circuitry?

P.S.2
When i had the exact same configuration, but with 2 servos, instead of 6 and an Arduino Uno, instead of an Arduino pro-mini, there was no problem.

Thanks!
roineust

Re: Servos jerking around!

Postby pebe » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:18 pm

What is an Arduino pro-mini, and what is the difference between it and an Arduino uno?
pebe

Return to Electronic Circuits Help