Electronics Forum

Electronics Circuits & Projects discussion forum. Get help with electronics.

Motor reversing circuit

Discuss about electronic circuits here. Request help for circuits that you couldn't find anywhere else, how a circuit works etc. Discuss anything related to electronic circuits.

Moderator: pebe

Motor reversing circuit

Postby grizzlyhill » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:49 am

Ok- here is the problem that needs resolving-
1. I have a 24 vdc motor that has built-in adjustable limit switches (counts revolutions).
2. When the time clock (24 hours clock) closes the on switch- (early time set) the motor raises a shade until the limit switch opens the circuit-and the shade stops moving-
Hours later- when the time clock reaches the later time set-
I then want the shade to reverse and roll up (shade lowers) when the time switch reaches the next "on" position-
The motor has limit switches on the reverse direction of the motor as well and will turn off when it gets to the limit set on the reverse direction (Shade down)
Then when the time switch reaches the early time set the next day - the whole process reverses-

1.Clock reaches EARLY Set time- switch closes- shade rolls up.
2. Limit is reached shade stops on up position
3. 2nd set time (LATE set time) is reached on Clock - time switch closes and shade rolls down-
4. Limit is reached and shade stops on down position
# 1 is reached again and process repeats!

Thank you!
grizzlyhill

Re: Motor reversing circuit

Postby colin55 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:06 pm

Is the output of the timer HIGH for the whole duration from 8AM to 5PM?
colin55

Postby grizzlyhill » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:07 am

The time clock simply turns the circuit on or off at a preset time so it comes on (closed circuit) at 7 am (lets say for example) and off (opens circuit) at 8 pm- the second set of "stops" turn the clock back on at 5pm (for example) and turns it off at 7 pm---

It takes the curtain about three minutes to open and trigger the limit switch- which cuts power to the motor- As the motor is then 'limited out" it will not come back on until the reverse switch is closed which is the problem I am trying to solve ...

How to get the motor to reverse on when the time switch comes back "on" as the limit switch is still in the Off position---

A DPDT time switch might work but I cannot find one anywhere as they are usually run on 120 vac and the motor runs on 24 vdc= a 24 volt timer that reversed the polarity at two timed intervals would work - but I cannot find that item either---

Thanks
grizzlyhill

Postby pebe » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:10 am

Try this circuit
Attachments
Timed Reversing Motor.GIF
Timed Reversing Motor.GIF (4.65 KiB) Viewed 6659 times
pebe

Postby grizzlyhill » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:01 pm

Looks promising! so that would require a dpdt relay- that seems easy to come up with!
Thanks!
grizzlyhill

Return to Electronic Circuits Help