Electronics Forum

Electronics Circuits & Projects discussion forum. Get help with electronics.

help blinking lite circuit

Discuss about electronic circuits here. Request help for circuits that you couldn't find anywhere else, how a circuit works etc. Discuss anything related to electronic circuits.

Moderator: pebe

help blinking lite circuit

Postby kenworth » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:20 am

I need a circuit that while 12v is applied a 12v lite will flash 3 or 4 times then remain off till power is reapplied. Thank you
kenworth

Re: help blinking lite circuit

Postby colin55 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:37 pm

LED FLASHES 3 TIMES WHEN POWER IS APPLIED
This circuits uses a FLASHING LED - not an ordinary LED.
When the circuit turns ON, the electrolytic is uncharged and the charging-current turns on the transistor. This makes the LED flash.
The value of the 47u and 100k will depend on how many times you want the LED to flash.
The 1N4148 diode discharges the electrolytic when the power is turned off so the circuit will start immediately the power is applied. This diode is not needed if the circuit is turned off for a long time
Attachments
LED-Flashes3Times.gif
LED-Flashes3Times.gif (2.4 KiB) Viewed 4665 times
colin55

Re: help blinking lite circuit

Postby kenworth » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:23 am

thank you for your effort, the problem is i have a 12 volt light, that is mounted on a device that cant be changed to a flashing led, the circuit that controls the light has malfunctioned, the 12 volt power stays on while the unit is running, what i need is it to flash then shut off, while power is still on, till the power is turned off and re-applied. thank you
kenworth

Return to Electronic Circuits Help