Electronics Forum

Electronics Circuits & Projects discussion forum. Get help with electronics.

LED lights conversion: Need a new circuit. Need help.

Discuss about electronic circuits here. Request help for circuits that you couldn't find anywhere else, how a circuit works etc. Discuss anything related to electronic circuits.

Moderator: pebe

LED lights conversion: Need a new circuit. Need help.

Postby jomeza001 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:07 pm

This is my project:

From factory my 2004 Jeep Wrangler comes with ordinary, 2 filament bulb up front. I have converted marker lights to LED lights with only two wires (Neg, and Pos).

So the goal is to get the new marker/turn LED Lights to:
1.-LED's to Blink when the turn signal lever from the steering wheel is activated
2.-LED's to run at full power while the marker lights are on
3.-LED's to blink on turn signal even when the marker lights are on.

The image below shows a relay configuration someone posted in a Jeep forum. It works great *ONLY* when the marker lights are ON. This means during the day, this circuit leaves me with no turn signal lights.
Here the details:

Relay wiring will tap into the stock circuit in the following way;
Pin 30 is the positive wire from the Jeep marker light circuit
Pin 85 is the floating ground wire from the Jeep turn signal circuit
Pin 86 is the relay ground to the body
Pin 87a is a positive wire to the side marker LED positive input
Pin 87 is unused

The relay works by allowing the side LED's to run at full power while your marker lights are on due to the 87a side of the relay being energized. Once the turn signal wire energizes it flips the relay over to the 87 pin causing the side LED's to lose (+) power and the LED to go out. Once the turn signal cycles to off, the relay clicks back over to the 87a pin causing the LED to light back up. Doing this allows them to flash between full power and completely off.

So my quesiton is... how can i do to achieve the turn signal lights during the day (when the marker lights are off)???

Any question will be appreciated!
Attachments
41663594.png
41663594.png (4.22 KiB) Viewed 6461 times
jomeza001

Re: LED lights conversion: Need a new circuit. Need help.

Postby jomeza001 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:12 am

No one??

Have been reading and i think i can solve this problem if i add a second relay on top of the one i'm already using. I'm not an electronics saavy (in any way).

The condition would be: if no positive input > positive output, if positive input>no output.

This is:

1.- When the marker lights circuit is NOT energized (this means marker lights are "off" during daytime), then send + output to the LED light (same cable as the 87a pin). This will allow the LED to light up when I need to make a Turn during day.

2.- When the marker lights circuit IS energized (this means marker lights are "on" during night), then send noting to the LED light. This will allow the first relay do its job.

Can someone confirm if this would work and how to wire the relay to accomplish the above rule??

Thanks in Advance!
jomeza001

Postby jomeza001 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:57 am

Have been reading and i think i can solve this problem if i add a second relay on top of the one i'm already using.

The condition would be: if A is NOT energized AND B IS energized > positive output, if A IS energized > no output at all.

This is:

1.- When the marker lights circuit (red) is NOT energized (this means marker lights are "off" during daytime) AND the turn signal (grn/bk) is energized, then send + output to the LED light (same cable as the 87a pin). This will allow the LED to light up when I need to make a Turn during daytime when my marker lights are off.

2.- When the marker lights circuit IS energized (this means marker lights are "on" during night), then send noting to the LED light. This will allow the first relay do its job.

Can someone confirm if this would work and what type of relay and how to wire the relay to accomplish the above rule??

Thanks in Advance!
jomeza001

Postby pebe » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:54 pm

'Marker lights' is not a term used in the UK. What are they?
pebe

Return to Electronic Circuits Help