Electronics Forum

Electronics Circuits & Projects discussion forum. Get help with electronics.

relay question

Discuss about electronic circuits here. Request help for circuits that you couldn't find anywhere else, how a circuit works etc. Discuss anything related to electronic circuits.

Moderator: pebe

Re: relay question

Postby pebe » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:20 am

I don't know which power supply you are referring to.
Check for continuity between the two points that are shown connected together with a green line in my circuit.
pebe

Postby jason2012 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:54 pm

Hi there, well I constructed the entire set-up and verified that the resistance along the green route was 0.

So, the good news is my computer didnt explode, and none of the bits caught fire, but the bad news is, it also didn't work.

The effect was: the computer starts up and works as normal, but power continues to the computer regardless of whether the second power supply is plugged in or not.

Any ideas what could be wrong with the set-up, or what to look for?
jason2012

Postby jason2012 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:15 pm

hello, forget that last post.. I figured out what I had done wrong, the source and drain were the wrong way round!

now the circuit works exactly as intended! if the power supply gets cut to the graphics card, now the power to the motherboard cuts out too.

It took several hours to construct the board, but I am very pleased once again thank you very much!
jason2012

Previous

Return to Electronic Circuits Help