Electronics Forum

Electronics Circuits & Projects discussion forum. Get help with electronics.

Car anti theft wireless alarm

Discuss about electronic circuits here. Request help for circuits that you couldn't find anywhere else, how a circuit works etc. Discuss anything related to electronic circuits.

Moderator: pebe

Car anti theft wireless alarm

Postby filtech » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:06 pm

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum.
I design a few circuits of my own, just love to work with electronics.
I would like to know if someone has constructed the Car anti theft wireless alarm as in the circuits category?
I want to construct one for my car but the receiver section doesn't quite make sense, according to my knowledge the cxa1019s requires more circuitry to actually receive FM signals or is it that in this particular circuit it will receive the signals from the transmitter as in the diagram without the extra circuitry?
Your help will be appreciated.
Thank you.
filtech

Re: Car anti theft wireless alarm

Postby pebe » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:15 pm

I think you are right. There are an awful lot of components that have to be added – it was rather pointless to show it so simply in a block diagram. There is a module made by Philips that is available from several sources, but it needs to be programmed via a (I²C ?) bus, so is of no use to you.

A better choice for you might be to use a 433MHz transmitter/receiver pair like this one from ebay. It uses a super-regen receiver but you will still get a hissing noise from it in the absence of a signal.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/433mhz-Transm ... 3a82b211f0

This one is from China, but if you want to obtain one locally (I don’t know where you live) then Google for ‘433mhz transmitter receiver pair’.

The ‘pic arduino pi ASK OOK’ refers to it being usable with PIC or Arduino micros, and the OOK refers to On/Off Keying (so you can just switch it on).

If you decide that you want to go ahead with that pair and you need further help, just shout.
pebe

Return to Electronic Circuits Help