Electronics Forum

Electronics Circuits & Projects discussion forum. Get help with electronics.

permanent magnet dc motor reversing control Help!!!

Discuss about electronic circuits here. Request help for circuits that you couldn't find anywhere else, how a circuit works etc. Discuss anything related to electronic circuits.

Moderator: pebe

permanent magnet dc motor reversing control Help!!!

Postby countrybill » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:39 am

Greetings, I suppose I know about enough about electronics to be dangerous! I am 72 years old, can remember when they invented the transistor! I have built a lot of machinery and controls, machinist being my main occupation for 40 years. I am retired but have a small shop and have always been good at building devices with electronic controls, etc. but just with relays and microswitches. I have a machine I have been building for some time, and am wanting to go from a 1/5 hp ac gearmotor to a 1/4 hp permanent magnet dc motor. I do NOT need speed control, just forward and reverse. I would like to use the switcher I have been using which has a center off and when you step down on one side it runs forward, let up on it it shuts off, step down on the other side, it reverses. I would like it to be simple and dirty. I know little about SCRs , triacs, or thyrisistors, and need some help in getting me going simply, off, forward, reverse, no magic stuff at all, but need help. I just bet some of you folks know exactly what I need. Thanks Bill
countrybill

Re: permanent magnet dc motor reversing control Help!!!

Postby pebe » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:31 pm

Hi,
What voltages are the AC and DC motors? Also, could you provide any more details on the switcher you have been using?
pebe

Return to Electronic Circuits Help