Electronics Forum

Electronics Circuits & Projects discussion forum. Get help with electronics.

LED Audio Spectrum Analyzer HELP Needed!

Discuss about electronic circuits here. Request help for circuits that you couldn't find anywhere else, how a circuit works etc. Discuss anything related to electronic circuits.

Moderator: pebe

LED Audio Spectrum Analyzer HELP Needed!

Postby Xevious809 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:28 am

I'm slightly new to circuitry and I'm designing a 30x20 (30 Wide, 20 High) LED matrix for this project and I really have no clue what materials I need to make this possible.
I will obviously be multiplexing the lights and am not sure if I should, and by what dimensions, break up the matrix to make it easier to apply to my arduino. (Someone suggested 30x8, 30x8 and 30x4)
I don't know what circuitry components I need, or the resistance needed for the cathode and anode ends of the LED Matrix (LED info down at bottom).
Any direction or guidance for the matrix and even the end product, the audio spectrum analyzer, would be greatly appreciated.

5v Input ~>

LED: 5mm blue
3.0-3.4v / 24mA max / 13,000 mcd

Whatever makes it the brightest without burning up is preferable.

Thanks
Xevious809

Re: LED Audio Spectrum Analyzer HELP Needed!

Postby pebe » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:41 pm

If you are using the LED array as a spectrum analyzer then I assume there will be a certain way the lamps are arranged in order to display the information?
pebe

Re: LED Audio Spectrum Analyzer HELP Needed!

Postby waimaotong » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:59 am

Some knowledge in this respect about LED Audio Spectrum Analyzer HELP Needed,Recommend a site hqew.net
waimaotong

Return to Electronic Circuits Help