Electronics Forum

Electronics Circuits & Projects discussion forum. Get help with electronics.

Need help prototyping this RF circuit

Discuss about electronic circuits here. Request help for circuits that you couldn't find anywhere else, how a circuit works etc. Discuss anything related to electronic circuits.

Moderator: pebe

Re: Need help prototyping this RF circuit

Postby pebe » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:15 am

pebe

Re: Need help prototyping this RF circuit

Postby Jmsheehan86 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:37 am

Yeah, I do have a lot of them and I tend to build my stuff on those instead but I did do the oscillators on them and no go. Though I am happy to report that I have gotten one to work on a PCB. Changed some of the components up. Put an NPN in the buffer stage, not sure why I thought it was a PNP when I clearly looked at the datasheet before ordering. Also, put a 4.7k in series with the 22pf capacitor that goes from the oscillator to the buffer. This was suggested to me through another forum. Added the 0.01uF capacitor that I forgot between the gnd and the 100ohm resistor on the oscillator stage and tested with a 100k Pot. to the varicaps. Tunes good and very clear and stable. Now to test with the PLL. Not sure if those changes will work but might need to make minor changes for that. Also, built the oscillator that you sent me, the TX200. Works too. Thanks! If I have problems with interfacing with the PLL I'll post.
Jmsheehan86

Previous

Return to Electronic Circuits Help